According to BusinesStat, in the period from 2008 to 2012, sales of rapeseed oil in the world increased and reached 20.7 million tons in 2012. The decrease was recorded only in 2012. The largest increase in sales was recorded in 2009. According to forecasts of BusinesStat In 2013-2017, sales of rapeseed oil will grow by 2-4% annually.
The production of rapeseed oil in the world in 2008-2012 increased by 13%. The greatest increase in the index was in 2009, due to the high rapeseed harvest this year. In 2012, due to bad weather conditions, oilseed crops declined, which led to a reduction in the production of rapeseed oil. BusinesStat estimates that in 2013-2017, product production in the world will grow. In 2017, the figure will be 25.0 million tons.
In 2012, imports of rapeseed oil in the world reached 5.8 million tons, exceeding the value of 2008. In 2008-2012, the United States and China were the largest importers of rapeseed oil in the world. At the highest price, the product was imported to Slovakia, at the lowest price - to India and China.
From 2008 to 2012, the export of rapeseed oil in the world increased and in 2012 amounted to 6.0 million tons.
The reduction was observed only in 2012 - by 3.0%. The reason for the reduction was the decline in world production of rapeseed oil by 3.7% due to the low yield of oilseeds. In 2008-2012, the largest shares in the world exports of rapeseed oil belonged to Canada, the Netherlands and Germany. The highest export price is fixed for shipments from Japan. At the lowest price, the product was exported from Korea.
"Analysis of the world market of rapeseed oil in 2008-2012, the forecast for 2013-2017" includes the most important data necessary for understanding the current market situation and assessing the prospects for its development:
• Overall assessment of the current economic situation in the world
• Sales of rapeseed oil
• Population size, purchase per capita
• Volume of foreign and domestic trade in rapeseed oil
• Volume of production, import and export
• The price of imports and exports of rapeseed oil
The report provides current data for 26 countries: Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Hong Kong, Denmark, India, Italy, Canada, China, Korea, Lithuania, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, the United Arab Emirates, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, USA, France, Czech Republic, Sweden, Japan.
In preparing the report, official statistics were used:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• National Agencies and Compendia
• Index Mundi
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• International Monetary Fund
• Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
• World Trade Organization
Along with the official statistics, the report contains the results of BusinesStat research:
• Analysis of open information on the market of vegetable oils
• Survey of vegetable oil market experts
Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Vegetable Oil / Rapeseed Oil
Agriculture /.../ Oilseeds / Rape