BusinesStat estimates that in 2012 sales of fasteners from ferrous metals in the world increased by almost 6.7% to 17.6 million tons. Sales of fasteners are highly dependent on fluctuations in construction, engineering, electronics and other consumer industries fasteners. In addition, income levels and customs barriers have an impact on market conditions in various countries.
In terms of per capita consumption of fasteners from ferrous metals in 2012, Canada, Slovakia and Singapore were the leaders: 46.6, 33.7 and 17.9 kg per capita, respectively. The high rates of per capita consumption are explained by the peculiarities of the economies in these countries, as fasteners are actively used in construction, as well as in various industrial sectors.
The main volume of fasteners made from ferrous metals is exported from China: in 2012, the country's share in world exports was 37.3%. Most of the fasteners exported from China are of low price and low quality. The low price of Chinese products is explained both by cheap labor, and manufacturability of production and low margin. Despite the relatively low quality, Chinese products are distinguished by the diversity of the constantly expanding range.
“Analysis of the world market of fasteners from ferrous metals in 2008-2012, forecast for 2013-2017” includes the most important data necessary for understanding the current situation on the world market and assessing the prospects for its development:
• Economy and population
• Production of fasteners from ferrous metals
• Sales of hardware from ferrous metals
• External and internal trade in fasteners from ferrous metals
• Import and export of fasteners from ferrous metals
• Foreign trade prices of fasteners from ferrous metals
The review presents current data for 170 countries of the world and a forecast for the 27 leading countries of the world market for fasteners made from ferrous metals.
The review provides details on import-export by type:
• Screws and bolts
• Keys and cotter pins
• Other fasteners
In preparing the review used statistical information:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• National Agencies and Compendia
• Index Mundi
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• International Monetary Fund
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
• World Trade Organization
Along with the official statistics, the review contains the results of BusinesStat research:
• Analysis of open information on the market for products from ferrous metals
• Survey of experts of the market of products from ferrous metals
Categories: Consumer Products /.../ Hardware / Fasteners
The whole world